Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Meet My Hittys: Hitty Pica and Bitty Hitty Chubs


Pica (left) and Chubs are good (meaning bad) examples of "Haste makes waste." I was hurrying both of them along, trying to get them ready for the woodcarving competitions at the Dixie Classic Fair last year. They didn't make it. Neither is very well carved or painted, and I also drilled crooked peg holes. I probably will work on recarving Pica's head and re-pegging Chubs at a later date. But, as you know from my other posts, I tend to let my dolls be whatever they are -- beauty isn't necessarily a requirement at Saggy Bottom, the home of the Garden Spot Hittys.

Of course, the experience really wasn't wasted, and I would never throw a doll away, so they are as cherished as any other resident of the Garden Spot. So far, they are the last of the dolls I have carved. I have several in various states of creation, but I can't predict when they will be "born."

I think my future posts will be introducing other Hittys in my collection, if y'all are interested!

No comments: